An audio mystery set in a time loop. Record, rewind time and broadcast snippets of radio shows to expose radio hosts, conspiracy theorists and politicians.
What happens when everyone is stuck in the same time loop, without knowing? Alt-Frequencies is an audio-based game, revolving around radio stations that reset every 3 minutes. Populated with all sorts of different characters and personalities, players get an intimate look into the lives of radio hosts, conspiracy theorists, students, politicians, underground activists, train station managers - and a dog. By redistributing information, you change what happens in the next 3 minute time loop and impact both news cycles and the lives of the people behind them. Listen as their personal stories evolve, in a world that seems to stand still.
- A new kind of narrative game that blurs the lines between the fantastical and the everyday while examining our relationship with mainstream media through the prism of radio stations.
- Built-in accessibility features that make the game available to a wide range of people - including blind and visually impaired players.
- Brought to life by a diverse cast of 20+ amazing voice performers, including TV, podcasts and YouTube personalities such as Jasika Nicole (Fringe, Welcome to Night Vale).
- By the studio behind the critically acclaimed "A Normal Lost Phone" and "Another Lost Phone: Laura’s Story".
Alt-Frequencies - Release trailer — YouTube
Alt-Frequencies - Live teaser — YouTube
Alt-Frequencies - Audio teaser — YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Honorable Mention for Excellence in Audio" Independent Games Festival 2020
- "Best Innovative Game" Google Play Awards 2019
If you [...] appreciate a developer going in a totally new direction in terms of what you can expect from a video game, you owe it to yourself to check out Alt-Frequencies and carve out some quiet time [...] to really lose yourself in this fascinating experience.Jared Nelson, TouchArcade
While it may be fairly simple, the record and send system at the core of Alt-Frequencies steals the show. Accidental Queens once again manages to use non-conventional gameplay systems to tell a story that is grounded, relevant and compelling. I just wish I had a little more time with it.Jake Green, US Gamer
“Alt-Frequencies” takes aim at fake news. But it ultimately wants us to think about how we’re all perhaps complicit in its spread. [...] It plays with this timeless tension, having players vacillate between amplifying the drama or searching for truth. It’s a critique not just of media but of what we the people want from our news sources.Todd Martens, Los Angeles Times
- Original Soundtrack
- Listen and purchase on Bandcamp: alt-frequencies.bandcamp.com.
- (FR/EN) Tools programming : the power of code within the reach of non-coders
- Talk @ Game Camp France 2019 - Watch on youtu.be.
- (FR) Nota Bene - L’Histoire est-elle manipulée par les médias ?
- Watch on youtu.be.
- (FR) France Inter - "Alt-Frequencies", le tour des ondes en 180 secondes
- Let's Play #LFAJV - Watch on youtu.be.
- (EN) Jesse Cox - CoxTease - Alt Frequencies
- Let's Play! - Watch on youtu.be.
- (FR) DamDamLive - Live Alt-Frequencies
- Let's Play! - Watch on twitch.tv.
About Accidental Queens
- Accidental Queens is a French video game development studio initially founded by three women from the games industry. They seek to create games featuring new mechanics, exploring topics from everyday life and social questions, through innovative narrative tools. They believe digital games can be entertaining but also convey social values and meaningful messages to a broad and diverse audience.
- More information
- More information on Accidental Queens, our logo & relevant media are available here.
About ARTE France
- Created in 1992, ARTE is a public service European culture channel and digital network with a focus on creation and innovation. In the last decade, ARTE has co-produced a number of major interactive works, including the games Type:Rider, Californium, SENS VR and Bury me, my Love.
- More information
- More information on ARTE France is available here.
- Jedidjah Julia Noomen
- Christopher Knight
- Sound design
- Emmanuel Corno
- Game design
- Helios Moreau
- User experience
- Diane Landais
- Miryam Houali
- Visual design & Communication
- Simon Bachelier
- Pia Jacqmart
- Additional writing
- Swann Menage
- Additional sound design
- ARTE France
- Press inquiries (North America)
- Press inquiries (Europe)
- Other inquiries
- Twitter (Accidental Queens
- Twitter (ARTE France)